The wildlife, epic sceneries and wonderful people make Costa Rica our most beautiful destination to date.
During this amazing expedition in some of the world’s most beautiful and biodiverse locations, we'll be looking for some superb wildlife. The most iconic species on our target list: the beautiful eyelash pit viper, the infamous fer-de-lance, the red-eyed tree frog, the boa constrictor, the public’s favorite brown throated sloth, tapirs and many, many more!
We’ll head out into deep jungles, herp our way to breathtaking waterfalls, raft down wild rivers to remote locations, visit pearly white beaches and stay in nice eco-lodges and hotels. We’ll even get the chance to visit the ICP institute for antivenom production and contribute to leatherback sea turtle conservation.
Last but not least, we'll visit our very own Bushmaster Conservation Project! Here we'll spend several days to try and track down the Central American bushmaster (Lachesis stenophrys) and help out in ongoing research.
So… Always wanted to see sloths in the wild? Spot glass frogs high up in the trees? Or... Track down bushmasters in the wild? Join us on this once-in-a-lifetime trip. You won’t regret it!
15 days (including travel)
What is included:
- All transport in Costa Rica - All accommodations - Guides, activities, National Park entrances - All meals
What is not included:
- Flights to San José, Costa Rica
- Extra beverages, alcoholic drinks and snacks - Travel and Herping material - H.E.R.P. apparel and souvenirs - Visas and ESTAs - Insurance costs - Vaccinations and medical costs
Accommodations: Comfortable, shared rooms in hotels and eco-lodges. Toilets and bathrooms.
- No scientific background necessary - Everyone with an age of 18-60 years old
(Older or younger than the age limit? Let us know!)
- English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch speaking guides. - The group will mainly speak English.
- Information booklet with a detailed itinerary, packing checklist, information on necessary vaccines and medications, list of local species and much more will be distributed to all members once the expedition team is complete.
*Prices for private groups are always on demand
Sign up for the next run: Excited about joining this expedition? Yes??
Sign up by sending us your information. After we have received your info, we'll send you our waiver and payment information so you can send us your deposit.
- Processing your information can take a while!
- Your registration is only complete AFTER you have wired your deposit and sent us the signed waiver.
- Filling in this form and sending it to us does not mean you have 'reserved' a slot in the expedition. We do not put any slots 'on hold'. Sending your information is a confirmation of your official participation to the expedition.