We would like to welcome you to our most popular expedition destination to date: southern Morocco.
The Morocco Expedition is filled to the brim with adventure. During the trip we'll be crossing vast desert plains and beautiful oases in search of some of the most iconic reptile species of North Africa. Next to the pitch black Moroccan cobra, you'll have the chance to encounter horned vipers, puff adders, Mediterranean chameleons, Ruppell’s foxes and many other incredible herp, mammal, arthropod and bird species.
We will cover a large area of the country by road cruising for reptiles, but we’ll also hike the dunes and swim in desert oases in search for our targets. Besides looking around for animals, we'll be actively helping the local populations as well. Morocco is riddled with cisterns used for pipelines and water collection. Every year, many animals fall into these traps, making them their graves. Some of these pits can even threaten the existence of entire local populations of reptiles and amphibians. One of our main objectives will be to locate the cisterns, rescue the animals inside and seal them off.
We’ll be staying in a fantastic eco-lodge in the middle of a desert oasis and spend some nights under the stars in the middle of the desert.
Join us on this once-in-a-lifetime trip. You won’t regret it!
8 days (including travel)
What is included: - All transport and fuel costs in Morocco - All accommodations - Guides, activities, National Park entrances - Breakfast and dinner
What is not included: - Flights to Agadir, Morocco - Lunch, extra beverages, alcoholic drinks and snacks - Car warranty loss - Travel and Herping material - H.E.R.P. apparel and souvenirs - Visas and ESTAs - Insurance costs - Vaccinations and medical costs
Accommodations: Comfortable, shared rooms with bathrooms.
Spots: 16 - No scientific background necessary - Everyone with an age of 18-60 years old
(Older or younger than the age limit? Let us know!)
- English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch speaking guides. - The group will mainly speak English.
- Information booklet with a detailed itinerary, packing checklist, information on necessary vaccines and medications, list of local species and much more will be distributed to all members once the expedition team is complete.
*Prices for private groups are always on demand
- Processing your information can take a while!
- Your registration is only complete AFTER you have wired your deposit and sent us the signed waiver.
- Filling in this form and sending it to us does not mean you have 'reserved' a slot in the expedition. We do not put any slots 'on hold'. Sending your information is a confirmation of your official participation to the expedition.
Sign up for the next run: Excited about joining this expedition? Yes??
Sign up by sending us your information. After we have received your info, we'll send you our waiver and payment information so you can send us your deposit.