If you ask the average fellow down the block: "What do you really want to experience once in your life?" Nine out of ten say: 'Go on a safari in Africa!'.
Well ... we offer this to you, but soooo much better! Visiting the Kruger Park, spotting lions, photographing elephants, following a herd of buffalo and observing a hunting leopard is fun ... But what about the Big Five + Africa's most iconic herps? If you ask us... that sounds better!
The brand new South Africa expedition takes us to some of the most remote places in the country. Here we'll search for the most beautiful species of herpetofauna in Africa. The black mamba, the African rock python, the leopard tortoise, the boomslang, the white-throated monitor, the puff adder or the Cape cobra are just a few of our dozens of 'target species' on this epic tour.
During our stay we'll visit high mountain peaks, endless savannas and deep rainforests in search of both the hairy, slimy and scaly icons of Africa. We do not take the 'touristic route', but really go off-road to spot as many species as possible! No, our trip is not a trip for tourists in croc footwear!
Are you eager to FINALLY tick off those Big Five from your bucket list? AND want to bump into mambas, cobras and puff adders along the way? Yes? OK!
Then come with us to South Africa!
What is included:
- All transport in South Africa
- All accommodations - Guides, activities, National Park entrances - All meals
What is not included:
- Flights to South Africa
- Extra beverages, alcoholic drinks and snacks - Travel and Herping material - H.E.R.P. apparel and souvenirs - Visas and ESTAs - Insurance costs - Vaccinations and medical costs
Accommodations: Camp sites + comfortable, shared rooms in hotels and eco-lodges.
Toilets and bathrooms.
- No scientific background necessary - Everyone with an age of 18-60 years old
(Older or younger than the age limit? Let us know!)
- English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch speaking guides. - The group will mainly speak English.
- Information booklet with a detailed itinerary, packing checklist, information on necessary vaccines and medications, list of local species and much more will be distributed to all members once the expedition team is complete.
costs related to transit and extended stay (26 Jan. - 28 Jan.) in between trips is NOT included
7 Jan. 2022 - 15 Feb. 2022
Sign up for the next run: Excited about joining this expedition? Yes??
Sign up by sending us your information. After we have received your info, we'll send you our waiver and payment information so you can send us your deposit.
- Processing your information can take a while!
- Your registration is only complete AFTER you have wired your deposit and sent us the signed waiver.
- Filling in this form and sending it to us does not mean you have 'reserved' a slot in the expedition. We do not put any slots 'on hold'. Sending your information is a confirmation of your official participation to the expedition.
Albums of previous editions:
The edition in 2022 is our first public trip to South Africa.
Be part of the making of these future teasers and join us on our pilot edition!