If you like traveling to the Earth’s most incredible regions in terms of biodiversity and natural history, Madagascar should be right up there in your top three!
As the 4th largest island on the Globe, separated from the large land masses millions of years ago, it harbors some of the most incredible, endemic fauna and flora. It goes without saying that this unique Expedition is filled to the brim with incredible sightings.
Who doesn’t love the famous lemurs, like the gorgeous aye aye and the iconic ring-tailed lemur? Or the incredible amount of chameleons that lurk in the forests, among them the magnificent panther chameleon, the giant Parsons chameleon and the tiny dwarf chameleons. And what about the absolute masters of camouflage, the leaf-tailed geckos and the colorful day geckos? More of a snake or frog fan? No worries! Madagascar houses the incredible poisonous Malagasy frogs and the famous, large Madagascar ground and tree boas. And who could forget about leaf-nosed snakes? Malagasy forests have it all!
In short: Incredible ‘Bucket List’ destination! From jungle treks to nice hotels with great food and an extravaganza of beautiful endemics… What more do you want?
17 days (including travel)
What is included:
- All transport in Madagascar
- All accommodations - Guides, activities, National Park entrances - Breakfast and lunch
What is not included:
- Flights to Antananarivo, Madagascar
- Dinner, extra beverages, alcoholic drinks and snacks - Travel and Herping material - H.E.R.P. apparel and souvenirs - Visas and ESTAs - Insurance costs - Vaccinations and medical costs
Accommodations: Comfortable, shared rooms in hotels and eco-lodges.
Toilets and bathrooms.
- No scientific background necessary - Everyone with an age of 18-60 years old
(Older or younger than the age limit? Let us know!)
- English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch speaking guides. - The group will mainly speak English.
- Information booklet with a detailed itinerary, packing checklist, information on necessary vaccines and medications, list of local species and much more will be distributed to all members once the expedition team is complete.
21 Nov. 2021 – 6 Dec. 2021
*Prices for private groups are always on demand
Sign up for the next run: Excited about joining this expedition? Yes??
Sign up by sending us your information. After we have received your info, we'll send you our waiver and payment information so you can send us your deposit.
- Processing your information can take a while!
- Your registration is only complete AFTER you have wired your deposit and sent us the signed waiver.
- Filling in this form and sending it to us does not mean you have 'reserved' a slot in the expedition. We do not put any slots 'on hold'. Sending your information is a confirmation of your official participation to the expedition.